Sunday, December 15, 2013

Morgan's First Winter Performance!



I was so excited to attend Morgan’s Winter Performance. I tend to get excited over these card carrying parent moments. Morgan had been talking about it for weeks. She was acting as if she was preparing for a performance on Broadway and I loved it. 
The day of, I pulled together a red sweater dress and red bow with black (dirty pants) and black sparkly boots. Yes, you read that right. I had to pull out black pants from her dirty clothes hamper in order for her to have pants to wear with her dress. Do any other moms ever have to do that in a pinch or is it just me?
The performance was at 10 in the morning but because I have a good job, I was able to attend. I took a bunch of pictures of Charlotte waiting for the show to start with her daddy. 





 Morgan is on the second row from the bottom and the sixth from the left. 
 I cried like an idiot the ENTIRE time! It was the way her eyes would light up, and a smile would spread across her face as she’d excitedly wave every-single-time she looked at me. I’ll always treasure being loved by someone that much. To be able to make someone’s eyes light up is a gift of parenting I didn't expect. I cried because she was so proud to be on that stage and part of something that she and her classmates had worked on for weeks. It was seeing and hearing dozens of little people sing and dance together with their sweet innocence. It’s the fact that she’s mine and I’m so, so grateful for that. Okay, I’m tearing up just writing this so I’ll stop. 


 She's waving below. 

Daniel took great videos of them but they're too large to upload to this blog. He was so impressed that the staff got 104 (he counted) kindergartners to stand there and sing and do what they're supposed to do. 
Love my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment