Sunday, October 6, 2013

In The Middle!

One of the blogs I read daily recently talked about the “in between” or “middle." It was brilliant. This person touched on the fact that we need to slow down and enjoy the in between. We can’t constantly say we’ll be happy when this happens or when our lives are perfect because that will never be the case. We need to enjoy the journey. She said thanks to technology we’re used to instant gratification which makes it to where we aren't comfortable just sitting somewhere and “being”. If we do have to wait, we’re on our cell phones, busying up our minds and hands. I’m going to try to step back and let myself feel and think instead of filling up my mind and time with numbing experiences like constantly being on my phone. Don’t get me wrong, I love my phone but I also want to be mindful of all the things it can allow me to miss if I let it.
Kids are really good about living in the moment. Maybe I’ll try to take a cue from my girls. It also got me to thinking about the fact that a lot of the pictures I post happen at “in between” moments. They’re not pictures of us at events or special occasions, they’re pictures of us just being. I love being able to capture some of those moments. 

So here's our middle...

I was so excited after discovering this volunteer vine growing in our front yard flower bed. I was excited because I thought it was a pumpkin. However, now I think it's a gourd which isn't half as fun. I should post another picture to show how unsightly it now looks. Boo! I wanted a pumpkin!
The girls like playing in our front yard. I really love our neighborhood. Everyone is so nice. We're surrounded with neighbors with children the same age as our girls. Morgan has a friend who comes over often to play and she's been swimming at another neighbor's house.

Morgan has to be very tired to fall asleep anywhere other than her bed. I love how she's positioned in the below picture. 
Charlotte and Daniel get ready to watch some Aggie football!

The girls decided to have a "picnic" in our living room. 

Charlotte's faces. 



I found the girls one day watching the Kindle together. 
I made the below banner. I still have to update the rest of the mantle to Fall decor but I like this start!
I’m enjoying the art Morgan is bringing home from school. I’m blown away about how much she's soaking up. She’s reading now and she’s only been in school for a couple of months. She really had no idea how to even write letters or definitely read them before she started and now she’s reading and writing! I’m NOT one of those people who could home school my children because I have no idea how to even begin to teach them. What’s nice though is that I’m slowly learning while doing Morgan’s homework with her every night. The teacher gives us pointers when she grades her homework and we communicate through email too.
At first Daniel and I thought we were going to have to pull Morgan out of Campus Club because they don’t offer naps and are more geared for older children. Morgan had behavioral issues from being exhausted and over stimulated every night for the first month of school/Campus Club. She gets dropped off at Campus Club in the morning, goes to school until nearly noon and then goes to Campus Club in the afternoon until we pick her up in the evening. It’s a long day for a 4 year old. Right after Daniel and I got fed up and toured a daycare place that would drive Morgan to and from school and offer naps, Morgan started adjusting. We've decided to stick it out with Campus Club.
I really like all the crafts, art and educational lessons Morgan gets in Campus Club. They focus on a certain type of music and musician every month and have a special guest musician come in to talk to the class. She comes home with paintings, craft jewelry and drawings she does depicting what she learned from books read to her. I can see Morgan growing leaps and bounds right before my eyes. I’m so grateful for this. I’m so grateful to get to see her learn and grown and experience all of this with her. She’s really enjoying it. The fact that she’s outgoing and social definitely helps. We have her in an amazing school and I really can’t tell you what that means to me.
I’m loving Charlotte’s daycare too. When I drop her off in the morning, I honestly do not have to take a second thought. We found this amazing in home daycare for her. It’s only about a 4 minute drive from our house. Charlotte has a safe, fun and educational place to go to every day and she loves it! She runs into daycare with a huge smile and eagerness every morning and then runs into my arms every evening I pick her up. I know she’s going to be more than ready for school in a few years.    

 Daniel plays school with the girls. They sit together in the living room and he does lessons with them. It's so entertaining. You have to check out the videos below. 
 Please excuse the wires everywhere in our living room. Our house is still a work in process. 


Dress up!
We made pop sickles using Sprite and gummy bears. 


I absolutely remember making pop sickles as a kid. 

1 comment: