Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall School Carnival!

I don't know about anyone else but this time of year is the busiest and most expensive for our family. October through December are definitely my favorite though. Anyway, to try to save some money, Daniel and I decided to not attend Morgan's carnival. That was until I picked up Morgan the day of. While she was getting into her car seat, she looked up at me with these bright eyes and exclaimed, "Mommy! We're going to the carnival!" I tried saying, "No, I'm sorry honey, I wasn't planning on going." She let out the SADDEST cry I had ever heard. I wasn't prepared at all. I didn't have a diaper bag or stroller for Charlotte BUT I did luckily have some cash on me which is extremely rare. One of Charlotte's pigtails had fallen out and I didn't have any way of fixing it. Regardless we headed over to Morgan's school carnival and I'm so happy we did.
We were in a bit of a hurry because it was slated to end not long after we arrived. The jump house and slides were the biggest hit for Morgan. I had to carry Charlotte the whole time because as soon as I would sit her down she'd try to climb into the jump house but she was too little to participate.
 It was so cute to watch because it was a complete social scene for Morgan. She kept yelling out to kids saying hi and kids kept running up to her to say hi. I enjoyed watching my little independent grown up 4 year old interact with all her friends.

 The girls shared some cotton candy. 
 I was painfully reminded that I didn't have a diaper bag and therefore wipes as green sticky drool started appearing all over Charlotte's clothes, face, chin, neck and hands. However, I was so relieved (and proud) to find some extras buried in my purse. 

 This carnival was great! I was impressed at all the activities. I really love this school.
I learned my lesson with this. I should have known better. I should have known all the teachers and students would be talking about the carnival and therefore Morgan would desperately want to go. I'm new at this whole school thing. I'll be seasoned by the time Charlotte starts. That's okay we not only managed but we had a great time!

1 comment: