Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3rd Annual Company Picnic

I was excited to learn that my company was holding their annual picnic at Wonder Valley again this year. Daniel, Morgan and I always have a great time there!


Morgan got to enjoy a sucker right after arriving.




We took a boat ride around the lake. Check out the view behind Daniel. So pretty!

The only picture of me at the event...





We had some yummy BBQ and Morgan especially enjoyed her ice cream.


She tried out a trampoline for the first time and it was a hit! Maybe she's ready for bounce houses now.




She outlasted every other kid there. The poor thing even had a limp for the rest of the day but never even complained.


Daniel gave it a try too. He had me cracking up!


Morgan got to participate in a potato sack race but it didn't go so well.


So the teacher tried a game of Duck Duck Goose but that didn't go so well either. The kids had a blast though.



Part of the reason Daniel and I enjoy my company's picnics is because it's a chance to go somewhere beautiful and relax while enjoying being outside! We chilled on the grass for a long time.


On the way home we stopped at this odd spot in the road that had pigs or warthogs or whatever these nasty creatures were. The place was completely eerie!


It was a scene straight from the movie Deliverance!


Morgan was really enjoying herself but Daniel and I noticed that some of the hogs were loose. Then I noticed one dead not far from us. After pointing this out to Daniel, he quickly said, "It's time to go." We rushed back to the safety of our car.




Maybe you just had to be there but I still can't shake the strangeness of this place.




On the way home I snapped some shots from the car.




It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment