Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sunflowers and Really Nice People In This World!


As I've mentioned before the girls and I grew sunflowers in our front flower bed from seed this summer. One of them turned out to be this breathtakingly large flower. One day I got home from work with plans to take pictures of the flower with my girls because it was so special. When we got home we discovered that someone had stolen the magnificent flower from our front yard. The girls and I were really sad. It was just wrong that someone thought it was okay to take that away from us.
Anyway, I posted on Nextdoor (this app that allows you to communicate with neighbors) about what had happened. I was so touched by people's responses. People commented back about how they had stopped to look at our flower and how they'd pull over to take a picture etc. It was kind of funny because sunflowers look like giant weeds to me so I was wondering if my neighbors weren't thrilled that we planted them. It felt good to find out that so many of our neighbors had been impressed (and dare I say effected) by our giant sunflower. One of our neighbors felt so bad about what had happened that she asked if she could bring over her horse to our front yard for the girls to pet as a way to make up for our loss (okay I know that sounds silly but people really cared and it was SO nice).
These two needed to be in a movie together or something because they were darling together!
The neighbor dressed her grandson, herself and her horse in sunflowers and brought bouquets and buckets of candy to our girls!
 Needless to say, we were blown away by her generosity.
I never thought we'd have a horse in our front yard!





 

Their horse was gorgeous!




This is just some serious feel good stuff that makes me so happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment