Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Recently Enjoyed Things - Summer Edition!

The girls came home the other day with their hair in braids thanks to their daycare provider. I need to take the time to do this more often because I love how it looks.

 The girls and I sat outside and enjoyed the warm summer breeze after a very hot day. I love spending time with them like this. I gave all three of us manicures. This was Morgan's first time getting an actual color on her nails. Always before has only been clear with sparkles. She was thrilled!



 I feel like it's been a summer of fruits and vegetables! Below are some berries Morgan picked from a fruit stand. 
Thanks to our garden we've been enjoying lots of fresh zucchini, tomatoes and strawberries too. 
 We have a couple of watermelons growing in our garden. We're all very excited about these but I've gone to battle with this plant. It got aphids and ants so I researched and tried different things and succeeded in getting rid of them but now there are black spots growing on the watermelons. I'm hoping to be able to salvage them but we'll see. I'm learning at least.
 Morgan loves sunflowers and asked if we could grow some this year. I ran out of room in our back garden so we planted some seeds in our front flower bed. It was neat to witness the process from seed to full plant. After planting them in the front of our house, I fretted and fretted because I pictured those weed looking sunflowers that grow along the highway and kicked myself for not tucking those suckers in our backyard. I was so relieved to see that the seeds I picked out were actually rather pretty versions. Again, I'm thankful that Morgan exposed me to something I wouldn't have tried otherwise. 
 Every morning I glance over at them on my way to work and smile. 
 I've been enjoying making colorful dishes with our abundance of summer fruits and veggies. 

 
The girls nicely entertained themselves while I made dinner which always makes the process so much more enjoyable.

 Zucchini from our garden. I've made zucchini sausage boats, zucchini pizza, zucchini casseroles, baked zucchini fries and zucchini brownies and I'm not done yet. I still have other recipes to try. I can't wait to make zucchini bread!
 Morgan saw me taking pictures so she wanted to take some with her camera too.

1 comment:

  1. Uhm yeah....someone needs to cut me some sunflowers so I can display them in my house. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete