Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Joy!

One of our recent weekends started out with pancakes. I love making pancakes for my girls. Charlotte LOVES them and watching her happily devour them does me good.
Having two little girls means life is full of fairy wings, princess crowns, make believe pixie dust, and brightly colored toys and linens. I love it!
 


Morgan has become more and more of a help around the house and with Charlotte. I'm proud of the role she's finding as big sister.
We attended a neighbors party at a nearby park. We had fun at the party for 3 and a half hours!
 I'm so happy we had the opportunity to discover this park because it's a great park. I have no doubt we'll go back with Daniel so we can let Morgan ride her bike. This park is perfect for it.
 You can see all the space behind the playground equipment in the back of this picture. This is where I think Morgan could ride her bike. 





This party consisted of pinatas and Happy Birthday sung in English and Spanish.
 Charlotte was the smallest child willing to take a turn. She didn't quite get the concept though. She'd take the stick and throw it at the pinata. 
This isn't Morgan's first rodeo. This is the third party of theirs she's attended so she knew what to do and was excited for her turn. I so appreciate that my girls are being exposed to different cultures. 


 It was a gorgeous day! Can you believe our temps have been reaching a high of around 65 to 70? It's gorgeous but not much of a "winter".
 I spent one weekend morning doing laundry, cooking and taking care of my babes while Daniel was at work. I've been continuing to try out new recipes as part of my quest for our family to eat healthier. I made a black bean and sweet potato soup that was delicious.
 We had a great time because we listened to kids music the whole time. My chores took longer than normal because the girls and I busted out with random acts of spontaneous dancing including lots of booty shaking and flailing arms. I have a blast dancing with them because I let loose knowing they're not old enough to judge me yet. Matter of fact they love it when I get crazy. They burst out with laughter and a look of "mom is crazy but we love it!" 
The girls did a great job of entertaining themselves. One time Charlotte was really quiet so I checked on her and "caught" her brushing her teeth. It was a pleasant surprise. 

The weekend was so full of joy. We spent hours cuddling, laughing and talking to each other. Spending time like this fills me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment