Monday, January 20, 2014

New Year's Eve!

We had a great New Years!

My favorite New Years to date was one a few years ago. Morgan was just a baby at the time. Daniel and I had fallen asleep and happened to be awakened shortly before New Years by Morgan's cry to be breast fed. I pulled her into bed with us as we watched the ball drop together in our warm bed with only the soft light of the tv lighting our room. It was so intimate and sweet and warm. I felt like I had everything I needed right in that very moment. I was excited about the upcoming year and thankful for the past. Since then, my favorite way to ring in the New Year is spending a quiet evening at home with the ones I love.
I had to work New Year's Eve but after I was off, I raced to the store to pick up the stuff for banana splits and dinner and then I raced home so Daniel could go into work for a few hours. While he was away, we did a New Year's craft.




I was impressed by how well Charlotte did. I need to do more crafts with her. 





Their masterpieces!


The banana splits were delicious! After I put the girls to bed, Daniel came home and we were able to enjoy a relaxing evening together. We cuddled in our dark, warm living room to watch a recorded television series we're enjoying right now. Our beautiful Christmas tree with it's lights softly lit our evening. It was a great way to ring in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment