Sunday, January 26, 2014

Date Day!

Today was a treat. Daniel and I got to attend our city's Philharmonic featuring Sarah Chang. She's an amazing violinist! I can't wait until the girls are old enough and we can introduce them to this type of beautiful music. Whenever I experience things like this it helps me think outside of the little box I live in daily. It helps me remember there's such a beautiful world out there that I'm so fortunate to discover from time to time. Nature hikes do the same thing for me. 
Anyway, Daniel and I got there right before the performance started. I began to relax, breathe in, listen, breathe out, listen. The auditorium was silent except for the beautiful music filling our ears and chests. Sarah Change herself was amazing. She wore this stunning dress with jewels all over it. It must have been made especially for her because I'm sure there's not other way she would have been able to get her perfectly mermaid shape into it. Daniel and I lucked out with seats in the middle of the second row. She performed directly in front of us. The philharmonic was great but she was easily a huge step above them. It was obvious I'll never begin to understand her connection and understanding of music.
Anyway, speaking of music, I was beyond impressed with Morgan this morning because she taught herself how to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the xylophone. Maybe it's standard for a 5 year old to be able to do this but I don't think I could even figure it out.
This morning while I was getting ready for my date day, Morgan came to me and said, "Mom, I figured out how to play the first two parts of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She asked me if I'd help her figure out the rest but I told her I wasn't sure how to. Then she showed me she'd learned a little more and then not 20 minutes later, she played me the above.

By the time we'd gotten home from our date day, she played this for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment