Friday, May 10, 2013

Our First Vegetable Garden!

I have always wanted to plant a vegetable garden with Morgan but I've never found the energy to do so, until this year! Morgan and I went to Lowe's to pick out our plants. 
 I think it will be a great experience for the girls to see the whole process.
 Turns out Charlotte was more into it than Morgan was. Charlotte watched me put some soil on one plant and then she started to do it herself. She was also picking up the watering can and watering the plants perfectly. She was actually helpful.

 I really enjoyed observing Charlotte this day. You could tell that she was thoroughly enjoying being outside. The sun was shining and there was a gentle breeze blowing.  
 She just sat there taking it all in. I could tell by the way she was holding herself that she was genuinely experiencing nature and loving it.

 Her expression was so reflective. 





  When Daniel got home from work one evening, he showed the girls a bug. Charlotte was thrilled!
 Our weather has been pretty nice lately. Morgan asked to eat dinner outside so that's what we did. I know I've said this before but I love when I see her appreciate the experiences I try so hard to give my girls. Every year when the weather is nice, we eat dinner outside. It's a lot more work but when Morgan asks to do it before I have a chance to suggest it, I know she appreciates it and enjoys it! 

 The view from our backyard. This is a benefit of living on a corner lot with a park right next to us that I wasn't expecting. I feel pretty thankful.
 One of the things I was sad to leave behind at our old house was our rose bush. However, there was no need to be sad because our old house had one rose bush but our new house has 6!

 Whenever we take the girls out, I try to have them dressed cute with bows etc. but this is how we really look while hanging out at the house. They wear mix matched clothes with their hair all a mess! And they couldn't be happier. :)
Have I mentioned that I don't have a green thumb at all? I should because my dad is amazing when it comes to growing stuff! Growing up, we always had big gardens. I remember helping my dad and I do remember a couple of pointers but haven't gardened with him in more than 20 years! It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't killed anything yet. I'm trying! We do have a strawberry currently growing. Morgan is pretty excited about that and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment