Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Grandma Visit!

Grandma Linda came all the way from Indiana to visit us late April!
We got lots of quality time together!
 Linda taught Morgan how to play the card game War.
 The day after she arrived we went to church and then the grocery store. I think the grocery store makes a fun backdrop for pictures. One of my favorite pictures of Morgan when she was really little was taken at the grocery store.

 It took Charlotte a couple of days to warm up to Linda but after that she was constantly in Linda's lap.


Morgan showed Grandma her garden and picked some strawberries.


 I think the girls made up for a year's worth of missed snuggles in the week Linda was here!
 I was given some Maple sauce from work so I decided to use it to mimic Applebee's White Chocolate Blondie desert. It's a white chocolate brownie with walnuts and vanilla ice cream with Maple sauce on top. I was pleased that Linda really enjoyed it. 
 Morgan picked Grandma to read to her every night before bed.
 I made sunshine pancakes.
 When I sat Morgan's plate in front of her, a huge smile spread across her face. That of course made it all worth it. 
 Linda even watched the girls so Daniel and I could have a date night. We had such a good time!
 Baking with Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. We haven't checked the blog in so long, since it seemed as though everyone was using facebook these days. I love this! What great memories. So good to catch up!

    ReplyDelete