Sunday, January 6, 2013

Charlotte's First Birthday!

Our little Charlotte turned 1 in late November!


 This year I chose the theme "Let Them Eat Cake!" I thought this quote from Marie Antoinette was fitting since the best part of a first birthday for the child is them getting to eat cake for their first time!
 The above cake doesn't look appetizing but it actually was! I made Charlotte her own birthday cake and then I made two different kinds for our guests. 




 Thankfully Aunt Dusty helped set up for the party because I started dinner late. Daniel and I just invited a handful of close family and friends since Charlotte wasn't old enough to really understand. 

 Oh, and Aunt Dusty took these great pictures! This party was thrown together since we moved in the week before but I still loved how it turned out. Most importantly is that Charlotte enjoyed herself and we were able to have a nice dinner together to celebrate. 
I love that our dining area is big enough to fit a big dinner party!
 

 I like these close-ups. 


 The birthday girl delights with everyone's attention. Love this pic!










The first touch.

 She starts to dig in a little.


 Love the below smile!




 And she finally takes a taste! It took her a long time to realize she was supposed to actually eat the cake. 


 Hmmmmmm...............yummy! 


 

 








 Charlotte did a great job with opening presents on her own!


 Morgan "helped" Charlotte open her gifts. Since Charlotte's arrival, Morgan has had very few issues with sharing the spotlight until Charlotte's first birthday party. She was struggling with the party not being for her but I'd rather handle her occasionally being jealous as opposed to this being a daily occurrence. 
Happy 1st birthday sweet Charlotte! Can't wait to celebrate many more with you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet Charlotte!! LOVE the beautiful table setting. Wow. What a beautiful job. And I'll take the cake with peanut butter cups, please.

    The pictures of everyone looking at her are precious. They all are. She is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete