Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Whole New Zoo Experience!

We took a trip to the zoo on Wednesday. School was back in session, which meant hardly anyone was there and it was great! I purposely planned on going on a weekday to avoid crowds but I had no idea it would make that much of a difference!

At most exhibits we were the only ones there and it felt like you could really be close with the animals. You didn't have to wait to stand at the front to get a glimpse and you didn't feel the need to rush to let someone else have a turn. Many times throughout the day I reached up to kiss Daniel because I was having such a good time. Even lunch at the zoo snack shack was line free and pleasant. We sat in the shade and were able to enjoy our food while listening to all the different animals. There was no hustle and bustle to take away from that tranquil experience.



We fed the giraffes, which is my favorite activity and so far Morgan's least favorite. It scared her. I can't believe they only charge two dollars to feed the giraffes! How often do you get to walk up to giraffes, feed them and pet them? I'd go through the line multiple times if Daniel and Morgan would let me.
Baby giraffe.

We watched a bird show. It took lots of snacks to keep Morgan still and quiet.

Morgan and her daddy!




This is what they were looking at. Love this guy!

Is this a roadrunner?

The zoo is the only place this happens. She's out!
Still out! I think this is the first time she's ever made the transition from stroller to car seat without waking up.
I don't know that I'll ever be able to go back to the zoo on a weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! Next time I visit maybe you could take a week day off work and we can all go to the zoo. I love zoos! I think that giraffes are fascinating but their slobbery and slimy tongues are gross! I had to rewrite this because I misspelled a couple words!

    ReplyDelete