Monday, September 6, 2010

Looking Back

Alright, in 9 hours my vacation will officially be over because I'll be sitting at my desk at work. Even though I'd gladly give up my job if given the chance, I have to say I MAY be a LITTLE excited to get back.

I was just laying in bed watching Anthony Bourdain (love that show, goes along with my interest in culture) and I was reflecting about my vacation. Vacations do something special for me and I just now realized what that is. Vacations allow me to take a break from the rat race. They allow me to take a minute to breathe and escape existing in 24/7 survival mode. Don't get me wrong because I truly love my life but life is simply busy. Not sure if that is just a Western culture thing but it's the truth. I feel like we get so caught up in just surviving that it's virtually impossible to allow your mind to be free. I can't normally let my mind wander and reflect like this because I'm constantly thinking about what I have to do next to make sure mine and my family's lives exist seamlessly. Maybe other people don't live like that. Maybe I need to figure out how to relax more and not take everything so seriously.


As I was lying in bed I was thinking about how alive I feel. The last couple of years I've really started to embrace life and live it to the fullest. Each month my mind seems to expand and get excited for all the little things life has to offer. I was wondering if it's the fact that I'm getting older but deep down there's no question what changed for me. It's this little girl.

Not sure why or how but she's awakened something inside of me and for that, I'll always be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment