Sunday, November 1, 2015

Casa de Fruta!

So on our way home we had to stop for one more mini adventure. There is this stop on the highway called Casa de Fruta. I have memories of this place from when I was kid. My mom tells me we used to go with my grandparents here when traveling in and out of town. It's one of those stops that has a lot of kitschy stuff to do. It's mainly a huge fruit stand but it has a train for kids to ride, a playground, restaurant etc. etc. I hadn't been there for years.
The surrounding hills are gorgeous along this stretch of the road.


 The girls mined for gold.

 The store has so many amazing fresh treats! We got some chocolate covered strawberries, raisins, caramel and salt water taffy! 
 Salt water taffy always reminds me of my mom because she loves it. My girls had never tried it so I let them pick some out for their first time.





 And away we went again on our way home. Our annual summer vacation was everything I hoped it would be. I'm ready for our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment