Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Swim Class!

Morgan is taking swim classes again. I’ve been wanting to sign both girls up for a swim class but due to Charlotte’s age, I needed to do an actual Mommy & Me class with her which meant I had to get in the water and swim with her. This meant that Morgan’s class had to be at the same exact time because otherwise I wouldn’t have anyone to watch Morgan. 
Daniel works early and late hours that change each week. Because of this, I can’t plan a time where Charlotte and I can take a Mommy & Me class and know that there will be someone to watch Morgan. I’ve often gotten sad because I was able to do Mommy and Me classes with Morgan but have never gotten the chance with Charlotte. 
But now, thanks to swim class, I’m able to do a class with Charlotte! We just barely met the deadline too because at 3 years of age, the little ones swim on their own and Charlotte turns 3 in a couple of months!

The girls were really excited to swim! They not so patiently waited outside the pool to be called in. 
Morgan went to her class and Charlotte and I headed over to our pool. Charlotte did really well. She was a little antsy at certain parts but hands down, her favorite part was jumping off the side into the pool.
Charlotte ate up the attention I was able to give to just her and it was just as important to me. 
After our classes, Morgan’s instructor told us that she had already passed level one and got a medal and got to ring the bell! 
Morgan received one other medal in swim class years ago, yet she still talks about it to this day. You should have seen the smile on her face as she rang that bell and got her medal! She held that bell up and rang it as loud as she possibly could. She exuded self confidence and pride. It was a good moment for me too.
We’ve just discovered that the girls love to ride in the car with the windows rolled down. They squeal with excitement and act like having the windows down is the most exhilarating thing they’ve ever experienced. Not only was the class a hit but we even enjoyed our car ride home. It was starting to be dusk so it was finally cool enough to let the outside air in. The setting sun gave us gorgeous views as the wind whipped through the girls pool wet hair and we rocked out to blaring music. We were all together and happily enjoying the little things in life, just the way I like it.   

Some time has passed since the above post. Tonight is actually our last class. Morgan recently received another medal and it was sweet because she handed it to her sister so she could ring it too.
We've continued to enjoy our car rides home with the windows rolled down. I know the girls will be sad that tonight is our last class but I'll sign them up again next summer. I feel so grateful that I'm able to do these things with my girls.

2 comments:

  1. That red and white bathing suit is to die for. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte needs to get fucked right now

    ReplyDelete