Saturday, May 24, 2014

Out and About With My Girls!

I sometimes joke that our girls don’t get out much. Thankfully when I look at this blog, I’m reminded that that’s not really true but what I mean is, because I’m a working mom, the girls often teeter between school/daycare and home and that’s basically it. If I have errands to run, I try to do them during my lunch break because let’s face it, it’s just easier that way. However, sometimes I feel guilty about that. With that in mind I decided to take the girls shopping with me at the mall this past weekend. There was some stuff I wanted to get at JC Penny so I decided to take the girls and make a day of it. After ballet, we headed over to the mall. 
I was a little shocked at how full the parking lot was which also painfully reminded me that I had forgotten the stroller. I wasn’t worried about Morgan of course but having a two year old loose in the mall was risky (at least for me). The girls did “fine”. I was impressed with Morgan and thankful she was there. She’s protective of her sister and helps keep an eye out for her even at her young age. There were a couple of times that she’d say, “Mom, Charlotte is walking away.” I’d quickly glance up to see Charlotte taking off. The mall was packed because it was the day before Mother’s Day and EVERYONE was there shopping for their moms and wives. We survived, the girls had a blast and I got what I needed. 
We headed over to the food court because we were all starving. This was my girls first trip to the food court. I don’t even like the food from there but for some reason, I see it as a rite of passage. Shouldn’t all kids have at least one food court experience? Plus, I was craving a fresh lemonade from Hot Dog On A Stick. We got corn dogs, fries and fresh lemonade. Charlotte didn’t even touch her food for some reason.
Both of my girls separately commented on how loud it was which is funny because I’ve never thought about it before but they’re right. With so many people in one place with the tall ceilings, noise really echoes and carries there. 
 After lunch, we headed over to the play area. This too was a new experience for at least Charlotte. I think Morgan has been a couple of times before. After all of that, we were all happy to head home. Matter of fact, both girls asked to go home! Maybe I’ve gotten them too used to relaxing at home during the weekends. Hey, we pay hard earned money for our house, we better enjoy and appreciate it! I really enjoyed this day and am so thankful we went. 


 On a random side note, I recently made vegan sandwiches and they weren't bad. I was proud because I even included beets. My mom would have loved the sandwiches! I thought of her while making them.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our children notice things we take for granted? Love how keen they were to the noise.

    ReplyDelete