Saturday, June 15, 2013

Culinary Awakening!

In an effort to become more healthy, I've started cooking with ground turkey. I made some turkey meatballs the other night that were delicious, if I do say so myself! They had apple, Parmesan, whole wheat bread crumbs, etc. in them. We dipped them in this maple, balsamic sauce that tasted a little like the sauce that comes with Gyoza in Japanese restaurants. Anyway, they were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
 I've also been trying to come up with some ways to prepare zucchini since our plant is doing really well. Daniel actually loved the below too. I just slapped some olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic powder and Parmesan on these zucchini slices and baked them. 
The below was chicken sausage, onions, garlic, red bell pepper, marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top of zucchini slices. This too was incredible! What did I ever do before Pinterest? 

 For dessert, Morgan and I made frozen bananas dipped in yogurt and sprinkles. Charlotte liked these too!
 Morgan and I are thrilled that we have a watermelon growing! I would have never ventured to even buy the plant if Morgan hadn't asked. I'm really glad she did.
 Nana taught Charlotte to smell roses and it's so cute watching her. She aggressively grabs the rose and shoves it into her face. Love it!



1 comment:

  1. The zucchini lasagna looks delicious!
    I love how Charlotte destroys the roses just so she can smell them. So cute!

    ReplyDelete