Saturday, August 25, 2012

More Swimming!

Our family got the opportunity to go up to my sister's house to visit with family and swim again!
 Dusty, Frank and Chase actually were gone at a football game most of the day but my parents and my family bummed around their house anyway.
 I don't know why but I absolutely love swimming together as a family especially when we don't have to share our space with strangers!


 I even got the pool all to myself for quite awhile. This pool is more like experiencing a pool at a resort. You're surrounded by mountains and vistas. While swimming alone, I listened to birds chirp, I watched the leaves rustle in the breeze and I breathed in fresh mountain air. I got the thrill of watching a road runner scamper out of some tall grass and into a clearing for awhile. It was crazy! They walk like the type of dinosaur that can also fly (I forget what they're called.) I even awoke after floating for awhile to find 4 buzzards circling above me. I quickly began swimming again to let them know that I was NOT their next meal!



 We saw bunnies, buzzards, a road runner, deer, and raccoons!   
 It's hard to see but there's a deer underneath the below tree.

Daniel and I even put the girls to bed, opened up a bottle of wine and watched a meteor shower (we briefly woke up Charlotte to give her a bottle.)

3 comments:

  1. Love all of the pictures! Sounds like you're all having a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful day at Dusty's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me until the buzzards comment. I think Oakhurst will always be home to me. This post made me miss it!

    ReplyDelete