Sunday, September 9, 2012

San Francisco Trip - Day 1!

My family just got back from an amazing trip to San Francisco! The older I get, the more I realize how much I truly love that city! Our first stop was Stinson Beach just north of San Francisco. 
Charlotte loved playing in the sand!

 Typical San Francisco fog rolling in. It was actually pretty sunny but still a bit chilly.

 Look at Charlotte's little old man face below... Morgan used to make the same face.
 Love this photo of Morgan.


 He he!


 I couldn't get over the way the sun was glistening off the water.






 Charlotte's first time sticking her feet in the water. 
 Toes in the sand...



 Morgan's footprints.



 It's hard to tell but Daniel is flying a kite below. Morgan has been asking for a kite for a long time now so I surprised her with one at the beach. Daniel was such a trooper and finally got it going. I loved watching them experience this together. So thankful for Daniel!
 I brought a little tent so Charlotte could hang out with a little less wind, cold and sun exposure. 
 The drive was crazy but it was gorgeous! I had read that it was curvy and steep but I figured I was used to that kind of thing from driving up to Bass Lake and Yosemite. I was wrong. I white knuckled it some of the way.



 We got to cross The Golden Gate Bridge! This may have been Daniel's first time. You can see it in the distance in the below picture.
 It really is an amazing bridge! I can't explain the feeling of excitement I get every time I drive into the city. San Francisco is just so unique. One of the reasons I love traveling is because I like the feeling of going out of my comfort zone and experiencing something completely different. San Francisco offers me this even though it's just a half a day (3 and half to 4 hours) drive from our house.


 The view from our hotel! 
 After we settled into our hotel room, we walked to a nearby pizza place. Daniel loved it! I enjoyed watching him have such a good time. Again we ran into the issue of our stroller not fitting into restaurants and such but we managed. I don't know what people who live there do with their little ones. 
A highlight of the day for me was us all singing to "Hey Soul Sister" by Train on the way to the city. That has become a family song ever since Morgan used to sing to it as a wee little girl not even old enough to really talk yet.
Highlights for the rest of the family:
Daniel - Patzi's Pizza Restaurant
Morgan - Running up to the water's edge, Flying a kite with her Daddy
Charlotte - Playing in the sand

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful family vacation! So glad you were all able to get away and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete