Thursday, December 30, 2010

Honesty...

It’s been rough. Life has been crazy and busy. I miss my husband. He's mainly been working nights due to the holidays. We've been two ships passing in the night. I desperately need normalcy if such a thing exists. I need a leisurely stroll with my husband and daughter on a cold winter’s day. I need to wake up sleepy and warm from an afternoon’s nap. I need to watch a movie with my husband. I need to hang out in the living room with Daniel while we play and laugh with Morgan. I need to order a pizza and try my hardest to only eat 2 pieces even though I know I’ll probably reach for a third. I need to relax. I need to sit still. I need to just be. I’m hoping for at least a couple of these things this weekend.



So far, this week has started out great. Our good friends Lee and Fran are visiting us right now and we were able to enjoy some good conversation and good wine (okay it was actually cheap wine but who cares, right?). I hope for the same tonight. Tomorrow, we're attending a New Year’s Eve party at a friend's house and then I hope to not do much Saturday and Sunday. Cooking and cleaning and planning and working can wait because this momma needs a break!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad that everyone could be together for Christmas. Know that we will be thinking of all of you and wishing you the happiest of New Years! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honestly of this. I know all too well how overwhelming these moments in life can feel. I hope you get some much deserved down time with your little family this weekend. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good writing. Love the honesty. And, from your most current post, I'm glad you got what you needed. Looks like Britt may be moving to a similar shift as Daniels. None of us are very happy about it. Allyson cries for him a lot now after he's been gone so much. In fact, she just woke up crying for him. :(

    I love the new look on your blog! I started to update mine and I think my USB to my camera is still in CA. Ordered another and hope to have some content here, too.

    I had to laugh at your video. Looks like something Allyson would love to do. I wish the cousins would have had more time together but we are thankful for what we got. That night at your house was especially fun to watch them play!

    ReplyDelete