Sunday, December 5, 2010

Disneyland!

We hadn't planned on taking Morgan to Disneyland for a couple of years but when our friends, Larry and Tammy, offered us free tickets to Disneyland, we couldn't say no. On top of that Tammy was able to get us a room at a Holiday Inn for $40 a night!
The day of, we parked and then took a tram to Disneyland.
By the time we got there it was already time for Morgan's nap so she wasn't reacting like I had hoped.

Our first ride was the Jungle Cruise which I loved as a child.

Morgan was a little scared but enjoyed parts of it.

Next was the carousel.

This is her whiny face. She makes it a lot but I try to not post them too often because I don't want her to hate me when she's older. She was happy when Dad first put her on the horse.

Of course, Daddy was whispering to her...

Tickling her...

And making her laugh.
She talks ALOT!

High fives!

Then the carousel started moving and she decided she didn't like it anymore.

So we took Morgan off and Daniel got on the horse! This is one of the things I love about him.

It worked like a charm! She decided she wanted to ride again.

We let her rest in her stroller as we pushed her around for awhile. She only got about 5 minutes of sleep but it helped. She perked up and really enjoyed the rest of the day.

While waiting in line for "It's A Small World" we got a front row view of the Christmas parade AND we only had to wait 10 minutes to get on the ride. We lucked out!

Santa!

Morgan was waiving..

and saying "hi" to Santa.
"It's A Small World" is another favorite ride of mine and it turned out to be Morgan's too.

Finally, I got the reaction I was expecting!

Priceless!

I watched her more than I did what was going on around me. She had this look of, "Wow! This is magical!"

She pointed, squealed, laughed, danced and repeatedly made the "wow, ooohh, awww" noises.

Daniel suggested we meet Minnie Mouse.

She's standing in front of her house.
Next we stood in line to meet Mickey. Morgan LOVES Mickey Mouse! He's by far her favorite Disney Character.

When she first saw him her eyes got big and she pointed and yelled, "Mickey Mouse!"
We got to watch a live performance of Disney's Playhouse. Love the sweet smile in the below picture! She sat in Daddy's lap...
And Mommy's lap too.
We also had passes to California Adventure Park which is a park right next to Disneyland. They had this cool family party type atmosphere. Morgan kept dancing and really enjoyed the lights!
I have to say that it was pretty amazing. Morgan had been dancing and watching the lady dancing right before I started this video but then those darn lights distracted her again. I told Daniel that she looks like a cat when you flash a flashlight or laser pointer on the ground. Pretty funny!
Daniel loves it when I take pictures while he's eating. Hmmmm..... we had clam chowder in bread bowls while we sat along the water's edge and watched another parade. Morgan fed the nearby ducks the leftover bread from Mommy's dinner. Daddy ate all of his.
Morgan rocked out to the music from the parade across the water.

We got to go on a lot of rides for only being there a day.
A few of them scared her. We caught her one time just burying her head in Daddy's shirt and closing her eyes. We didn't even realize she was scared until we looked down and saw her. Poor thing!

Her second favorite ride were the Tea Cups.
So pretty!
This weekend held so many amazing moments for us just like this one.
Oh she's excited

and maybe a little
nervous too.
She loved it

and even started turing the wheel (much to my dismay)!
Daniel and I on the Tea Cups.

Below is "It's A Small World" lit up at night.
Disneyland does a huge fireworks show every night. Morgan really enjoyed it eventhough she kept flinching with each loud boom.

We bought her a Mickey Mouse to remember her first trip to Disneyland.

She LOVED it! Good thing I didn't go with the beanie I originally thought about purchasing for her...
At the end of the night, I looked up and saw this...
Morgan was clutching her Mickey Mouse and balloons and smiling and laughing. I think it's what every parent imagines when they think about what it would be like to have kids. While taking the tram back to our car, everyone kept commenting on how happy and non-sleepy she was for it being nearly midnight. That's our Morgan! She managed to be happy all day with very little whining even with only a 5 minute nap!
The next morning she woke up (at 10 am) requesting Mickey Mouse.

And then she spotted this Marshmallow candy thing I bought for her the night before.

Even though she had just gotten up, I couldn't say no.

Could you say no to this face?
She shared with Mickey.
What a rough life...
A little later, she was awfully quiet in the hotel bathroom so I checked on her. I saw that she was just playing with a couple of socks so I let her be.
A few minutes later, she came out of the bathroom to show us that she had put them on all by herself! We were so proud and so was she! She showed off her handi-work!

The hotel we stayed in was really nice. You can barely see little Morgan standing at the base of the tree. She knocked off one of the ornaments...

Finally, after a Yo Gabba Gabba and Elmo DVD, she was out, with Mickey in hand of course!

This weekend, all three of us laughed, talked, cuddled and experienced new things but the best part was that we were simply together.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! I was about 33 the first time I went to Disneyland and I will never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo jealous!!! I've been thinking how much I want to take Nicole and Allyson to Disneyland. Mainly Nicole as she'll appreciate it more. But this reminds me so much of the second time we took Nicole. It's so special...I think more for the parents when they are this little. I was obsessed with Small World as a kid and love it to this day! The entire land is so magical. I'm so glad you guys got to go and experience this!! That picture of Daniel and Morgan holding hands almost made me cry. What a special time!!

    ReplyDelete