Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Year's Eve Snow Trip!

Finding good snow for our annual trip to the snow this year was a breeze thanks to our little "El Nino" we got in Cali! Daniel and I had some time off for New Year's so we decided to make the best of it knowing we were about to start our new career adventure which means trips like this for the next couple of years are uncertain.
The drive up is always scenic. I can't help snapping blurry photos with my phone while Daniel drives.
These next two videos are actually just audio. Listen to how excited the girls get when they first started spotting patches of snow.
And then listen to Morgan's sweet little voice sing a song she made up about "sparkly snow" during our trip. You'll probably have to turn your volume as high as you can to hear but I have no doubt I'll listen to this some day when she's grown and I'll cry.



Her snow bibs were a bit short but we made them work, sort of. 
Look at these adorable snow bunnies!







She calls these toys "snow" toys. Whenever anyone corrects her and tells her that they're called "sand" toys, she gets upset and tells them they're wrong. The first time she used these it was in the snow. We use the same ones when we go to the beach but she doesn't care. I think they'll always be "snow" toys to her and I'm okay with that.
When we first arrived to this park, Daniel and Morgan took off to find a good spot for us to camp out at for awhile. They did an excellent job finding this perfect spot right next to a sled hill!


 That's Morgan playing on the sled hill!

Not long after her above venture in the deep snow, she was ready to go home. I think the kids ended up only playing for an hour. I don't blame Charlotte though because since her pants were too short, snow got in her boots making her feet wet and cold. Lesson learned! Splurge on long enough snow bibs lol! Even though we didn't stay long the trip was absolutely worth it. As I say every time, I cherish these moments and memories! When I signed up for being a mom I signed up for it all.
We headed home in time for the girls to make their annual New Year's posters and enjoy their ice cream sundaes to ring in the New Year! We have yet to let them stay up with us. Daniel and I selfishly enjoy a relaxing evening together every New Year. Maybe next year we'll let them stay up. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment