Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Summer Family Vacation - Strawberry Picking!

We took another amazing trip this summer that started with strawberry picking in Watsonville, California. This city is all agriculture and only about 30 minutes from the ocean. We left our house and drove straight to Watsonville for our first adventure and it was amazing!
We pulled up to the farm and all excitedly spilled out of our car to get some strawberries! I love watching the girls experience new things and I was surprised by how much Daniel enjoyed himself. The strawberries were only $1.75 a pound and the experience was a blast!






This little one ate A LOT of strawberries while we picked. Her face and shirt slowly began getting more and more red.


It was a gorgeous sunny day with a beautiful breeze.
        









Check out the rolling hills surrounding the fields. It was gorgeous and truly a great way to kick off our vacation. We were all so content being out there.

Next stop was visiting the Pie Shop at this ranch. 
Look how happy they are.
Some little girls found our little girls and quickly made friends. I love watching my two with little babies. Charlotte will bend down and talk baby-talk with them. It's really cute to watch.


 We found a table and sat down to wait for Daniel to bring our treats. Charlotte loved on me while we waited. Both my girls love on me a lot and constantly profess their love to me. It means the world that they do this.

 After waiting for a few minutes, this happened! 
Strawberry and Dutch Apple Pie!

Before we left, we tasted some freshly made apple cider. It was delicious! This place also has apple picking later in the year. I have big plans of returning some Fall for apple picking and fresh apple cider! 

No comments:

Post a Comment