Friday, June 20, 2014

Morgan's First Ballet Recital!

I've never been to a dance recital before and I have to say that it was amazing! I didn't always enjoy getting up early on Saturdays and taking Morgan to her ballet lessons but watching her on that stage and witnessing her so maturely perform a dance she had learned, was worth every second of the prior few months. It was a really good experience for her. She got to be a part of a rather big production and learn what goes on behind the scenes. 
Daniel and I took Morgan to a practice the night before her performance while another show was about to start and we noticed that people were lining up an hour before the show so we decided to get there early the next night.
We got in line an hour and a half before the show and were one of the first ones in line (Morgan had to be there an hour early anyway). 250 tickets were sold and it was a sold out show! People were waiting outside and not allowed in.
Since we were early, I snapped a quick photo of Morgan before she got into costume.
Morgan wasn't nervous at all and was excited for the night.
We scored front row seats! It was actually Daniel's idea to get their so early. I was proud of ourselves for pulling that off. It's rather unlike us. :)
 She's on the very left in the below two pictures.


 She was looking in the audience trying to find us. Daniel took a video of her performance and posted it on YouTube. You can see her give a thumbs up in the video after she finds us. So stinking cute!
 She's on the very right in the below two pictures.

 Third from the left below.

 Charlotte held flowers to give to sister. 
 Of course Aunt Dusty, Uncle Frank and Cousin Chase came to watch. They're so supportive! I felt horrible that I didn't invite my parents. We didn't find out what night she performed until a couple of weeks before and I was so wrapped up with everything that I just forgot to invite my parents! 



 I was blown away while watching her on stage. I really can't put into words how it felt to watch her perform. It felt like she had just arrived on this earth and here she was "all grown up" dancing on stage in front of a huge crowd and I was the lucky one who got to be her momma. I had no idea it would feel this way. We're so proud of her!
 We celebrated as a family with ice cream afterwards.
I will always fondly remember this experience and hope she does too.

1 comment: