Monday, April 21, 2014

Grandpa and Abi Visit!

Funny enough, after learning that Linda was coming out we found out that Steve, Daniel's dad, and his wife Dorothea, were going to be able to make it out just one day after Linda left from her visit with us. We were thrilled and decided to not let them know that Linda would have just left out of fear one of the two parties would have changed their mind out of fear of inconveniencing us. 
We're so thankful when family makes the effort to come visit so it's never an inconvenience for us. The more the merrier!
The first day they got here, I made dinner for us hoping for an evening of catching up and we did just that!
 The next day we walked to Starbucks, then Dorothea and I picked Morgan up from school and took her to a special lunch date before running an errand.
 We got fish tacos. Yummy! It was a treat for me to get to spend some one on one time with Dorothea. Because of how far away we live we really haven't gotten this opportunity before. 
 We of course had to make time for ice cream!
That night we got to attend a Port Release party at Ficklin. We had a really good time! My sister was nice enough to watch the girls for us so we could slip away.
 The next morning I made doughnut and berry kabobs and parfaits. I think I was the only one who liked the parfaits, even my girls didn't eat them, lol!


 Grandpa and Abi got to watch Morgan do ballet and then we went to lunch.
 Grandpa and Charlotte looked for plants growing in the pavement cracks.



 We walked around a bit after lunch. I was able to catch some cute moments.


Again, it meant so much to us that Steve and Dorothea came out. I love watching my girls with their grandparents. We feel so blessed by the love and support of extended family. We had a great time and already can't wait for their next visit! 

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Charlotte with her grandparents walking down the sidewalk is priceless! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete