Tuesday, September 3, 2013

School Shopping, Back To School Night & Last Days at Playschool!

Giddy. That’s how I would describe how I was feeling leading up to Morgan’s first day of Transitional Kindergarten. And, no, it’s not because she was going to be out of my “hair”. I already work full time so it’s not like she was going to be spending any more or less time with me. It’s because these types of things are some of the things I love about being a mom. It makes me feel like I’m a card carrying parent. It’s a rite of passage for not only her but me too. I’m just so thankful for getting to be a mom and I genuinely look forward to the things that come along with that responsibility.
I took Morgan shopping with me one night after work so we could get her school supplies. I wanted her to be with me to pick stuff out and to experience and talk about what we were buying and why. She was just so laid back and cool about everything. She was happy but she was more like, “Yeah, I’m going to kindergarten. No big deal. I've got this.” I, on the other hand, was about to jump out of my skin with excitement. My girl was growing up! 
Of course, I had been nervous too. I was nervous about the fact that I was now going to have less control over her life. With daycare, I got to pick who watched my child all day. I got to text that person as many times a day as I wanted to. I definitely got more of a say with how things went. With school, I didn't get to pick what time she goes, who watches her all day, etc. That was scary and now I get why parents struggle with their little ones starting school!


The week before school started, Daniel and I attended Back To School Night with the girls. Everything went really good aside from the fact that Charlotte went and sat in a strange man’s lap. She loves men. She will walk up to a completely strange man and put her hands up for him to hold her. I hope we’re not in trouble…
Daniel sat in the front row with Morgan during her teacher's classroom presentation. You can barely see Morgan in a blue dress with a blue headband next to her daddy. 
Morgan brought donuts on her last day at daycare. 
Here are some cute pictures of her brief stint at her new daycare in Clovis. These pictures are so sweet!





I was apprehensive about the fact that Morgan and Charlotte were going to be separated. They sometimes spend time with me, they sometimes spend time with Daddy and they sometimes spend time with their daycare provider but they were ALWAYS together. I'll explain in my next post how it went with their first day apart. It was sweet and sad at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of Morgan in the shopping cart. She looks like a kindergartener.

    ReplyDelete