Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Special Dinner!

Our celebratory family dinner the night before Morgan's first day of school was nothing short of magical. Earlier in the day I set the table beginning with a tablecloth. Morgan told me the beige tweed cloth was beautiful. Awwww...... she gets it! She gets ME! It's nice to feel understood. Poor Daniel doesn't see beauty in a piece of cloth placed on a table. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Daniel's manliness. I don't expect him to find beauty in that. Regardless, it makes me feel great when my littles appreciate it. Occasionally I feel bad that Daniel doesn't have a little boy who might value certain things the girls and I won't be able to but I know that we all feel blessed with our family of four. We definitely feel whole.

She also commented on the sparkly purple place mats. Later in the afternoon, I was relaxing with some port and iced tea in a hot bubble bath. The room was filled with the smell of Eucalyptus (my favorite fragrance while relaxing in a bath). She stumbled in to check on me. I paused the movie I was watching on the Kindle as she sweetly smiled down at me. I couldn't help but notice her striking beauty so I told her so. I said, "Morgan, did you know that you're beautiful?" She answered, "The red glasses on the table are beautiful." Before my bath, I had finished the table off with red goblets. Already, I felt our dinner was magical. I love that she appreciates the things I do such as setting the table with beautiful things to make our dinner extra special.
I baked a cake for our dinner and I have to say, I was impressed.
The girls helped. 




Ta-duh!
The girls even dressed up! It was really cute because Morgan got excited when I pulled out this dress and asked if she wanted to wear it. She said she'd seen the dress in her closet and thought it was beautiful and she liked the way it felt. :)









Yum! Spaghetti with meatballs! Morgan loves meatballs which is why I chose this dish. She's not a huge meat eater but for some reason she likes meatballs. Go figure!
She of course loved the cake too.
Charlotte enjoyed her dinner.
I hope we can have special dinners the night before each new school year. I love traditions. 
We took a walk after dinner. The sky was stunning. 
I packed Morgan heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and a Mickey Mouse shaped lunchable for her lunch the next day. 


Stay tuned for a post about her first day.

1 comment:

  1. What fantastic memories you are creating for Morgan! The dressing up for dinner is such a great idea. Seeing pictures of your girls dressed alike reminds me of you and I growing up:)

    ReplyDelete