Sunday, August 11, 2013

Midwest Trip - Day Seven & Eight!

We arrived at Aunt Janet's great old house in a suburb of Chicago Sunday afternoon.
 She showed the girls her impressive garden in the back yard.




 I love seeing old homes like this! I think they said it was more than 100 years old! I swear I've seen similar houses on House Hunters many, many times. I love experiencing different ways of living.
On Monday, we had the whole day to explore Chicago. We drove into the beautiful city to check out a great museum!

 First stop was lunch.
 This silly baby flashes this smile every time she sees me hold up my phone. She makes me laugh.

 We experienced our first planetarium together! 



 I'm in love with the fact that Morgan wants to be an astronaut right now. For the last few months she's been saying she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up. She was thrilled with this exhibit we saw at the Science Museum. 



 This museum had a kids area that our girls adored. 
We of course couldn't get video of it but Charlotte would squeal with delight every time she'd place this ball in a tube that would suck up the ball.


 I caught Daniel trying out some stuff too. 



We got to do a tour of an actual submarine (U2 Boat). It was fascinating! It's something I'll never forget. 


 Unfortunately, Morgan came VERY close to falling during our tour through the space in the floor in the picture you see below. It's hard to imagine but there was a metal railing bar just above this picture. She apparently lost her footing and both feet fell through this wide space. Luckily, she caught herself with both hands on that railing but her feet and part of her body were dangling though this space. It was a few feet down and the below had cement and metal pieces/large bolts sticking up everywhere. The fall wouldn't have been pretty. I was holding Charlotte on my hip but used my free hand to grab a hold of one of her wrists as she was dangling from the bar. I remember thinking that if her hands let go of the bar there was no way I was going to let her drop. A man stepped forward and grabbed her other wrist and without so much as a word we lifted her in unison back to the walkway. When she fell she screamed and latched onto the railing and that's when the man and I reacted and grabbed her wrists. The person giving the tour didn't look happy with us at all, lol! 
 The night before we left to head back home, we of course had to stop for some Chicago style pizza. It was yummy but I was more concerned with our 6:30 am flight the next morning. We had been thinking that our flight didn't leave until 9:30 am but then I checked at the restaurant and we actually were slated to arrive in Fresno at 9:30 am. Oops! Good thing I checked! Daniel happily devoured his pizza. That man loves his pizza!
I took a picture of Charlotte at the airport once we arrived back to Fresno. Although we all thoroughly enjoyed our vacation, it felt so good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment