Sunday, April 14, 2013

Simonian Farms!

Another thing I discovered while researching The Blossom Trail was Simonian Farms. It's this fruit stand type place that has some old relics and odd tidbits to check out.  
Look how big this tree trunk is! We of course used this as an opportunity to teach Morgan about how each ring represents a year of the tree's life.

 Love this old baby carriage!
 This car moved up and down and rolled it's eyes. Looking at the pictures doesn't do this place justice. We had a really good time but I can't really tell you why. Just one of those days I guess.
 This place reminded me of the little odd stores we'd stop at while traveling cross country as a little girl. I loved those stores! My parents would always let us pick out a little trinket and I loved to get pecan rolls.
 Panning for Gold!


 Daniel tried one of the many different flavored honeys they had. He wasn't a fan of the one he picked. 

 Locally grown fruits and veggies!
 We all walked through an old train car. That was really neat! 

 Daniel discussed this windmill with Charlotte. I love that he loves to teach our girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment