Friday, September 14, 2012

San Francisco Trip - Day 2!

We visited Alcatraz on day two of our trip. Daniel has always wanted to go and I wanted to do stuff that catered to him too. As cliche as it might sound, I'm happy as long as I'm doing stuff with my family! 
The walk from the parking garage to where we boarded the boat to Alcatraz was gorgeous!


Daniel and I took pictures while on the boat ride to Alcatraz.




There's Alcatraz!
And below is the view of the city while docked at the former prison.
Even Morgan took the audio tour. Below she listened to her headphones while looking in one of the cells.


I loved watching the girls entertain each other during the trip.





 I wasn't expecting the stunning views!



Charlotte's ready to take on the world!

I would definitely recommend visiting Alcatraz. It was interesting and gorgeous! 
After arriving back in San Francisco, we ate some delicious clam chowder in sourdough bowls and then went to an Aquarium on Pier 39!


I'm so happy Daniel captured Morgan's expression. She seemed so in awe by the aquarium. She asked lots of great questions and was thrilled to look at everything. 


 The underwater tunnel is a definite highlight of this aquarium.

 We all got to touch some sting rays, sharks and starfish.
 Morgan LOVED this! We let her play in this area for at least half an hour. I loved how inquisitive and interested she was!




Our girl Charlotte :) She makes me smile.
 Okay, I have to admit that I had a moment during the carousel ride. I couldn't help but tear up as I witnessed my little girl's expression of pure joy. The sun illuminated her precious face while sweet carousel music played. Her daddy beamed from the sidelines as he called out her name every time she passed. She'd excitedly wave and say, "hi daddy!" 
 Another highlight for Morgan was when we let her pick out some candy at a candy store containing barrels brimming with treats. Can you tell she was excited?
 She picked out a piece of candy that looked like a crabby patty (Spongebob reference), a candy necklace kit and a gummy candy in the shape of a rat! To further indulge, we got some delicious ice cream before heading back to the hotel.
 This seagull sure was interested in Morgan's ice cream.

 Notice him getting closer? He actually dove for her ice cream but thankfully Daniel saved the day by literally reaching out and practically pushing the bird off the ledge! 
We got to see some sea lions lounging in the sun.

It was a great day! We experienced a ton of stuff yet it didn't feel busy or rushed.
Our highlights of the day were:
Daniel - Alcatraz 
Me - Carousel ride with Morgan
Morgan - Aquarium, Carousel, Candy Store
Charlotte - Looking at the fish in the aquarium

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your pictures brings back such great memories of our trip to SF after your wedding. I have pictures of Grayson in some of the same places.

    So glad to see you on some of the pics, too! You look great!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your pictures and comments. Thanks for sharing your fun weekend with me!

    ReplyDelete