Monday, September 24, 2012

Precious!

Last night I woke Charlotte up just before 11 pm to give her a bottle. We don't normally do that but she hadn't had much to eat that day so I didn't want her to wake up in the middle of the night hungry. Really, I think I just missed her and wanted an excuse to cuddle with her.

I laid her down on the floor with her bottle like we normally do but instead of trying to accomplish something in the time it takes her to finish her bottle, I laid down next to her. We were on the floor of our master bedroom. Only one light was on so it was kind of dark and quiet. 



I laid there enamored by her. I pondered how those tiny hands were capable of holding the bottle just right so she could feed herself. How can something so tiny and new, know what to do already? How were they so capable? 



I stared at her little flat nose, and her perfect skin. I thought about how the tips of her baby fine blondish, reddish, brown hair is the same hair that was on her head when she was still in my tummy just a few months ago. I drank in the way her eyelashes appeared to shoot straight out from her eyelids yet they still had a hint of curvature. I admired her sweet chubby legs and adorable little feet. 



I wish I could ingrain all these images into my memory. I never want to forget how just laying there and looking at this gift God has given me made me feel. So precious.

1 comment: