Sunday, February 12, 2012

Even Want to Remember the Sick Times

I'm good about documenting the big events that take place in the Irwin household but sometimes I forget to document the little day to day stuff. I think this is the stuff that will evoke more emotion when I'm looking at this blog much later in life.
Right now Morgan has a pretty bad cold. She awoke from her nap yesterday with a fever and both Daniel and I were losing our patience because she wouldn't stop crying long enough to take some fever reducer. Right at the peak of our frustration poor Morgan threw up her ENTIRE lunch all over herself and her bed. She was laying on her back and began to choke as I swooped in to sit her up. This of course meant that I put myself in the direct line of fire. Daniel immediately started running a bath and grabbing towels as I began to strip the clothes off of her. I'm so thankful that I have him by my side especially during times like this. We both jump into action somehow knowing exactly what to do. Morgan is fine but still real congested. I enjoyed bathing her and while drying her off I kept telling her it was okay because her Mommy was here and would take good care of her. I layed her on our bed with a blanket, pillow and tissues and let her pick out a movie.

I'm trying to prevent anyone else from getting sick especially since there's a two month in the house but that's kind of a joke with a sick three year old. I'm constantly reminding her to cover her nose when she sneezes and to use tissue and wash her hands. She's doing better but let's just say our house is a germ fest right now. While looking around the house today I couldn't help but like the way it looked with tissues and blankets everywhere. Our home is our little safe haven. Not so much because of the structure but because of the family living within it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Morgan feels better soon. I love Maggie sleeping peacefully by Morgan's bed.

    ReplyDelete