Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Maternity Leave

I'm absolutely loving being on maternity leave! Don't get me wrong because I still love my job and if there was any place I'd have to work and be away from my children, it would be at my current job. I love what I do and I love my boss and workplace etc. I feel fortunate to have a career and not just a "job." However, I could also get used to this being at home business :)! I love that when I'm in the car, I'm not driving with stress to quickly get from point A to point B. I turn the heater up so it's nice and toasty and I've been turning on Christmas music for the kiddos and I to listen to. I love that I can leisurely drive and just let everyone else tailgate and pass as they stress to get to and from the office :).

This morning I did feel lonely for a few minutes and then I strolled into the kitchen with my warm comfy pajamas and made myself some breakfast at a leisurely pace and quickly forgot about my loneliness. I actually think I was just missing Morgan because Daniel took her to daycare after a few days of her being home with me. I've been enjoying making dinner every night for Daniel. I've enjoyed just being able to focus on things that usually get pushed aside with my hectic schedule. I still haven't gotten enough of a routine down to where the house is dusted and the floors done, but I'm working on it. Charlotte is only 2 and a half weeks old so I still have an excuse. My day just flies by but I can tell you I"m enjoying every minute of it (except when Charlotte doesn't want to sleep at night)!
Charlotte's shirt says, "Baby's 1st Christmas." We were given the hat and booties at the hospital and I just love them!
We recently braved the cooler temperatures to get some fresh air. Luckily it doesn't get too cold here but it was still chilly. Morgan tried to catch leaves as they fell from the tree.
She chose her hair accessories. She requested that I put in the red flower but she insisted on putting on the headband herself.
We played with bubbles and enjoyed getting outside for awhile. It's easy to be stuck in the house for most of the time with a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment