Friday, November 11, 2011

Morgan's 3rd Birthday Party!

We held Morgan's birthday party on a Sunday this year. The Saturday before was very busy. Daniel had to work so my parents came over which was a huge help because Nana played with Morgan and kept her out of my way while Papa did a bunch of chopping. I baked, prepared all the food for the next day, decorated, and cleaned. My 8 month pregnant body definitely paid for it too! :)


I didn't have much time to throw together the birthday cake but I was proud of how it turned out! I've never baked a cake and actually taken it out of the pan before and I've certainly never done a two layer cake. The most important thing is that Morgan loved it! Later that night, we attended my nephew's football game.



Chase's team won once again and are now headed to the superbowl! Chase is doing great playing this year. I'm so thankful we get to go to some of his games.




Below was Morgan's invite. My boss' daughter made it for us from scratch on Illustrator. She works part time with me. She's only 21 and already very talented. If you need invites, Christmas cards or anything like that, let me know because she'd love to design them for you!





Daniel ran out to get balloons the morning of the party. Morgan was so excited when he brought them home.


When she woke up and saw this table she screamed, "Oh, my party!" It was really cute seeing her so excited.





This little one snacked all day.











I didn't have the energy this year to plan a bunch of themed party games so instead I just let the kids run around and play in our backyard. We put out a bunch of blown up balloons in Maggie's dog pool and it worked perfectly.





























Did I mention she enjoyed some goodies...






Daniel bought her an adorable pink baseball glove, bat and ball. She loved them!











After opening all her presents she collapsed on the floor.


Thank you Aunt Dusty for taking most of these pictures!


Later that night, Daniel took her out to show her how to use her new gifts from him. Love this!


Morgan REALLY enjoyed her birthday party this year! It becomes more fun each year as she starts to understand more. Happy 3rd birthday Morgan!

No comments:

Post a Comment