Friday, September 23, 2011

What I'm looking forward to...

Oh gosh! Where do I begin?! I know not all of this may happen but still, I can't help but hope. I'm looking forward to:

- Hearing my baby's first cry
- Looking at Daniel's face when he first lays eyes on her
- Getting to be with my little girl the first few moments/minutes/hours/days of her life
- Being in the hospital and having the staff help show me what to do with our new arrival (All of the above I missed with Morgan, so I find myself really hoping to experience them this time around)
- This sounds so petty but I'm looking forward to having people congratulate us and treat this birth as something positive. No one knew what to say last time. It just wasn't the joyous time I had pictured.
- Camping out in our house for the first few weeks while we go into survival mode. I remember how much I considered our house my little safe haven during the first few months of Morgan's life. I don't think I've ever valued our house so much!
- Watching Morgan's reaction to her new baby sister!
- Getting to see the baby in her bassinet, bouncy seat, and swing for the first time.
- Testing out the whole breast feeding experience again. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done with Morgan because my milk didn't come in for a long time so our feeding rituals took extreme patience from both of us and lasted a minimum of 45 minutes each time. Considering I breastfed Morgan every 3 hours, that meant I got 45 minutes to sleep, eat and use the restroom before it was time to start the whole process again. I think the trauma of what we went through coupled with me not being with her for the first few days caused my milk supply to really struggle. I would really love if things go easier this time but I'll fight just as hard if it doesn't. I remember Daniel kept me going last time with his encouraging words and advice. I don't think I could have continued without him.
- Getting to wrap our new addition in all the receiving blankets and clothes we used for Morgan
- Watching her do all of her firsts
- Seeing what this child looks like and how she acts
- Getting to feel a little more relaxed and knowledgeable this time (hopefully). We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. This is a very exciting time for you all. I cannot wait! I know it will be a much better experience this time around and it will be fun to see Morgan's reaction to a new baby sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and how exciting! We are all looking forward to the phone call that the baby in on her way and that all has gone well. It will be exciting for everyone. It is also exciting to think of Morgan as the "big" sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Angela. Don't think I realized some of the little things you missed and I am looking forward to sharing all of this joy with you!

    ReplyDelete