Sunday, May 9, 2010

To All Moms

This Mother's Day made me feel close to my fellow ladies. I think only a mother can truly understand how other moms feel and I think this day is a great way for women to connect. I felt touched by the little things I found other women in my life doing. It started with Morgan's daycare provider having Morgan make a card for me and giving me a potted flowering plant and balloon. I even had a stranger tell me Happy Mother's Day when they saw me with my little one. What topped if off was when my neighbor, who has 3 little boys, gave me a plate of cupcakes.

These small gestures made me feel great! I wish women looked out for each other like this every day. What a powerful thing that would be! Daniel did lots of sweet things like having Morgan draw me a picture, he made me breakfast and we spent a great day at the park. I wish I could have gotten pictures because Daniel and I realized this was our first park trip since Morgan really started walking. We truly enjoyed ourselves and can't wait until next time.

After Daniel left for work I remembered that I didn't have any pictures from last Mother's Day and that we still hadn't taken one from today. The below picture is my attempt at taking one of us. It didn't work out too well but I didn't have time to keep trying.

Of course the best part of my day was this little girl.

The best gift she gave me was the fact that she kept walking up to me and getting my attention by saying, "Mom." When I'd look at her she'd pucker up and lean forward, letting me know she wanted a kiss. I absolutely LOVE when she does this. There's no better feeling!
Whenever I sit on the couch, she crawls up and sits with me. Today she kept poking her eye and saying "eye." I'm happy she added a word to her vocabulary today. She also kept perfecting her "thank you" throughout the day.

I hope everyone had an amazing Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment