Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Still My Favorite Room In The House!

I love spending time in Morgan's room! I’m noticing as she gets older her room is starting to change a bit so I decided I better hurry up and take pictures before it’s too late.

I’ve never told anyone this, but the letters that spell out Morgan above her crib remind me of something more than just her name. The night before I was scheduled to induce, my parents, sister, Chase, Daniel and I stayed up really late hanging out in the nursery. The last thing I had to do for her nursery was hang those letters so the whole family pitched in to help. Somehow, my mom, dad, sister, Chase, Daniel, Maggie, and my pregnant self crowded in there and finished the task. I remember the mood of the room was filled with excitement, nervousness and just anticipation of what was to come. I remember feeling nervous because we were already cutting into the allotted 8 hours of sleep I was hoping to give myself and I remember Daniel getting on to me because he wanted me to go to bed to get rest. I thought this was extra cute because Daniel NEVER worries about me in that way. I don’t know why that night is so vivid for me but I remember us all laughing and joking and just genuinely enjoying ourselves.

After Morgan was born and airlifted to San Francisco, and I was finally released from the hospital, my mom rushed me home to grab a couple of things before we drove to San Francisco. I was a ball of nerves and couldn’t wait to meet and see Morgan for the first time. Before we left for San Francisco, I remember walking into her nursery and seeing those letters and thinking back to the night before and how if we had in fact lost her than looking at those letters and remembering the excitement of the night before would be too much to bear. Now, when I look at those letters I remember that special night and how happy I am to have Morgan in our lives.

Everything in Morgan's room has a special meaning.





The below chair was mine when I was Morgan's age.

The blocks on the below dresser were the center pieces for the tables at my baby shower. My dad and sister made these by hand and had them sitting on top of each table.

This picture frame is signed by everyone who attended Morgan's baby shower.





The view from Morgan's room...







The baby shower was outside on Dusty's lawn overlooking the mountains. She had these little rose balls hanging from the trees. They were so beautiful!



Every giraffe in her room has special meaning. Ninety-five percent of them were purchased by Daniel for me during our many visits to the zoo while we were dating.



An ultrasound picture of her...



More silly giraffes...





I was so proud of the changing station I set up. Most ideas I got having anything to do with babies came from other moms because neither Daniel nor I had a clue about children but I set this up all on my own. We still love this set up!


I made a shadow box of some memorable items and hung it above her door.

Although I'll be sad to see her nursery go, I am definitely excited about seeing her room transform into a little girl's room!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful, tender, and touching memories. Thanks for sharing and for capturing such a meaningful time.

    ReplyDelete