Monday, May 24, 2010

Letter to Morgan

I initially decided to not post the below letter because I know the whole idea is cheesy and maybe a little silly. But, the longer I do this blog, the more I realize that I not only post things for long distance family and friends but for Morgan to read someday. I print out the blogs and I’ve started a binder of all of them. I’m not sure if Morgan will read this binder when she first learns how to read or maybe well after I’ve left this earth but I think it’s a great caption of our history.
For some reason, I often think of how Morgan and my first real fight will play out. People tell me how difficult the teenage years are and when I hear that I always imagine us having our first real blow out. I’m definitely not looking forward to it. The other day I just felt the need to write the below letter and if I can manage to remember that it exists I’ll give it to her when the time is right.



Morgan, as I write this you are currently 17-months-old. I’m writing this as I listen to my IPod. A song is playing right now that makes me think of you and how our relationship might be in the future. I hope we’re close. I know no matter how close we are, we are going to have our differences. You’ll get so angry with me at times because you’ll think that I don’t understand what you’re going through and you’ll not understand why I’m making you do whatever it is that I’m enforcing at the time.
I’m writing this to let you know how much your dad and I love you. No matter what, we’ll always adore you and want the best for you. So far, during this quick 17 months, you’ve brought so much joy to your father and my lives. I can’t wait to see the person you become. Mostly I hope you’re a happy and good person. There’s no doubt that life can be difficult but we only have one life to live so we should live it to the best of our ability. Your father and I will try to make sure we offer you the world so please take it and do all that you can with it. Live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast.

All my love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! She'll love that you wrote that for her someday.

    ReplyDelete