Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spoil me!

It's late Sunday night and I'm sitting here writing this blog at home after just finishing a 3 hour trip from Sacramento. Daniel visited his friend in Texas this weekend and while he was away, Morgan and I visited my mom and dad in Sacramento. It was a much needed get-a-way! Saturday, the family relaxed, did some shopping and went out to dinner! Papa even watched Morgan and her cousin Chase while my mom, sister and I went and got pedicures together!
While we were getting pampered, Maggie made a new friend.

Morgan and Papa!

On Sunday, all of us wanted to go to the park or the zoo but it was a rainy weekend so we settled for bowling instead. The bowling alley we went to was great! It had the nicest bowling lanes I've ever seen, equipped with huge TVs, a huge sports bar and grille, and an entire arcade section.
Morgan kept pointing at the bowling balls and getting really excited so Papa let her inspect them.

Everyone had a blast!

Cousin Chase is great with Morgan!

Morgan even gave bowling a try for herself. She definitely got the idea and would try to push the ball down the lane.

Nana loves her Ski Ball!

The whole family pitched in on playing games to earn Chase as many tickets as we could. Nana's purse became the holder of the tickets.

While driving home I couldn't help but feel spoiled. Even at nearly 30 years of age visiting home makes me feel so loved and special. Mom and Dad cook for me, help with Morgan and basically spoil me. Someday I hope when Morgan is 30 years old she'll bring her little one to my house and I can make her feel as good and happy as my parents make me.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing like spending time with Mom and Dad. I remember so well going "home" when everyone was little. It felt so good to be able to relax and be "home".

    ReplyDelete