Sunday, April 8, 2018

Reno Trip!

Daniel and I had a business trip in Reno but we took the kiddos to make the trip a family getaway too! 
Our first stop was the Fleischmann Planetarium & Science Center!
Daniel was teaching the girls about the solar system.


We stayed at the Atlantis.
The girls loved the all glass elevator that was located on the side of the hotel.
 Later that night, Morgan played with the rocks we bought her at the planetarium while waiting for dinner. I used to love rocks when I was a kid too.
 Dinner was extra delicious for some reason. I'm not sure if I was extra hungry or what but I remember really enjoying my meal and family time. Honestly, I think it's been nice with this time of our lives being able to splurge on appetizers and specialty drinks. For so many years, we didn't have the means to treat ourselves like this. 
 The next day we headed to Heavenly Ski Resort! It was an amazing experience none of us will forget! First we hopped on the gondola to head up the mountain where they had various winter activities like skiing and snow tubing.
Just look at the pure joy and excitement on Morgan's face!








 Half way up the mountain you could get off the gondola onto a scenic (everything there was scenic) look-out point.



There was a gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe!
 We had a quick snack before hopping back onto the gondola.
Once at the top of the mountain, we went snow tubing and it was awesome! Daniel and I were thrilled and proud that both girls participated because it was more intimidating than it looks!



 Charlotte (who isn't a natural daredevil) even requested that they spin her, so she'd go flying down the mountain in circles! 

This is how we got up to the top of the snow tubing hill with our tubes! Cool, huh? We were so proud of our girls because it wasn't easy maneuvering your way onto the belt and keeping your balance while controlling your tube, etc. but both girls were troopers! I'm so thankful to share these experiences with my family. I feel with each trip the girls grow a little. Each new experience broadens their lives, minds and understanding of this world.
 Ugh! I just love these two little girls!




 It was such a magical winter wonderland!
 Snow selfie! We each had what felt like 30 layers on. The high was supposed to be in the low 30's with an extra windchill factor (that's cold for us Californians) so I bundled the girls and I up! We can honestly say that if anything, we got a little hot.



 Morgan makes up songs for most activities we do. She truly loves to sing.
 

 This ski-resort looked and felt like something from the movies! People were walking around drinking hot cocoa and coffee. Some people were eating at restaurants with live music, etc. Everyone was genuinely having a good time and enjoying the good life!
The next morning was Valentine's Day! The girls got some goodies.


 While dad was at some business meetings we headed down to the pool! Look at Morgan's face! This kid loves the finer things in life.

 I think Charlotte was upset because I didn't bring her floaties. She gets swim lessons every summer and does great but somehow seems to forget once summer is over.

 Look how gorgeous and fun the pool was! 



 We lunched poolside!

 This morning was sooo relaxing and fun! It felt so good to truly relax.




Later that evening while the girls and I had dinner, Daniel sneaked back into the room to leave us all roses!

 I took the girls to a kids play area of the hotel before we all crashed for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment