Saturday, June 11, 2016

Last Day At Lyons!

My co-workers brought in gourmet cupcakes on my last day of work.

 And my boss and co-workers also treated me to a delicious lunch at Max's. This is hands down the best Ahi Tuna I've ever had.
I wish I could say leaving Lyons was bittersweet but I had been so unhappy for so long working full time without having a truly flexible schedule that it just felt so right. I loved my job but I just needed more time with my kiddos and a really flexible schedule so I could be there for my family as much as I desperately desired.
The days following my last day were filled with a little bliss and a feeling of a weight being lifted off my shoulders. However, they were also filled with a little anxiety and stress because I immediately jumped into my new career. Starting this new career would have been the scariest thing I've ever done if I hadn't been so desperate to get out of the working situation I was in. Desperate times call for desperate measures!
 Charlotte was loving on her daddy as he slept. Cuddle time!
 The days following my last day at Lyons included lots of walks home from picking up the girls from school and daycare. Since it was nice and cool, I'd often pick them up on foot and we'd stop by a park on the way home. The ability to get my kiddos ready in the morning and drop them off at school, go to work and then get off on time to pick them up when school gets out has been life changing for me. I actually have time in the evenings now to be with them. This has made me so much happier of a person and a much less overwhelmed version of myself. 


 The girls were thrilled that there was this cat that would meet us on our walk home and follow us for awhile and hang out with us. It was one of the most loving cats I've ever met. We heard from neighbors that the owner wanted to give it up for adoption, and if Daniel wasn't allergic to cats, I would have been VERY tempted.
Look how happy they are!

 The kitty was kissing her hand.


 I'm now able to cook more since I have more time. I actually enjoy cooking and exploring the possibilities revolving it. I enjoy food and enjoy watching my family be thankful for yummy dishes. I like to be creative and find that cooking is a good outlet for that.
I used some cinnamon bread from Grocery Outlet to make French Toast one morning. It was divine.

My last day at Lyons was January 22nd, 2016 and marked ten years with the company. It was a great chapter in my life. I learned so much and am very appreciative of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment