Sunday, March 2, 2014

Celebrating Love!

We love Valentine's Day around here, or at least the girls and I do. :) 
We actually bought the goodies for Morgan to make Valentine bags for her classmates back in January and assembled them the last weekend of January.

 It was so cute because Morgan kept saying, "This is so fun!" the whole time we were making the bags. Each bag had a box of stickers, a chocolate and a Hello Kitty Valentine card. 

 I was so proud of Morgan because Charlotte started getting grumpy and crying so Morgan took it upon herself to get Charlotte involved in the activity which calmed her down. 

 If you're wondering what the white marks on Morgan's cheeks are, they had played football at school in celebration of Superbowl. I thought the white cheeks were a nice touch. 
 Morgan made a flower with the leftover chocolates.

 We even made Valentine cards for all our family. However, Mommy failed to mail them out which is why no one received them. Just know, you were thought of. :)

 We did some other crafts too like make these hanging hearts. I liked them so much that they're still up.
For Charlotte's daycare buddies, we made some Valentine candy.
 I loved that Charlotte was able to actually perform this task. Seems like a 2 year old shouldn't be able to do such a good job with this.


 I had to take a picture of her hair. We haven't cut it yet. The way it's been growing out, I haven't felt the need.

 Morgan helped with the last step which took a little more skill.

 I chose to make this kind of candy because Daniel loves it. I made some extra for him. 
On Valentine's morning before school each girl got a heart shaped Valentine filled with some goodies. 



 Unfortunately Daniel had to work Valentine evening but I wasn't too disappointed because he and I got to go on a date the previous Friday. We got to go see Gravity and really enjoyed ourselves. Since Daniel had to work, at first I wasn't planning on doing anything but then realized that I should have a special heart themed dinner with my girls. And to make it even better, Frank, Dusty, Chase and one of Chase's friends ended up joining us!
Look how cute the heart shaped cool whip looked in hot chocolate! This was a Pinterest trick. You just put cool whip on a cookie sheet and then freeze it. Once frozen, you can use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shaped awesomeness to use for hot drinks!
 Ta-duh! Dusty helped make everything. 




 I was so thankful that Frank helped clean up afterwards. Here's documented proof Dusty! 
I'm not sure why I love this holiday so much. I think I just love all the pink and red and heart shaped everything.

1 comment: