Friday, July 26, 2013

This Blog!

Soooooo.........this blog is my only source of creativity. I used to think that I wasn't very creative. I used to think that creativity didn't play much of a role in my life. However, that is changing for me. I think it's especially important for moms. Moms often do mostly for others, their lives often feel mundane and full of habitability. Creativity, no matter what form, lets them feel like themselves which is often a rarity and something we just simply don't have time or energy for. It lets them express themselves in other ways than the role of mother and wife and caregiver and fire putter outer. It's what makes them unique and different and special.

After saying all of that, I don't think my blog is very creative. When I do posts, I'm like a machine! I've learned how to just crank them out which is why I'm pretty good about staying up to date with it. Basically, I look at the pictures I've taken since my last post and pick the ones that will tell my story. I upload those pictures and then quickly and briefly write cliche comments and statements about those pictures. I feel like that's what people want. People are busy, they don't want to actually spend time reading paragraphs. However, I'm not sure why I feel that way because my top 3 blogs (that I read daily) are ones where the women are open and honest. They use these beautiful, powerful things called words to express themselves and their emotions. The good, the bad, the ugly and the amazing. I find myself feeling incredibly inspired, encouraged and so much more at peace and invigorated after reading their posts. Oh, and I literally have 3 pages of nothing but lists of blogs that I love. I try to get caught up on as many as I can whenever I can (which isn't often). I find it amazing that there are these women out there with similar stories, experiences and thoughts as mine. These women are so talented, brilliant and creative! If it weren't for blogs, they'd be secretly tucked away in their homes. What they're able to offer through their words would be lost and that's such a shame. I'm actually a super sensitive, emotional, insightful, interwoven being. I don't express those things because I know many people really don't like that kind of thing. But what's so great about getting older is you learn how to start embracing yourself and accepting yourself too.

I've wanted for so long to be more honest with this blog but haven't been able to break through yet. I'm not sure why I'm so worried because I don't exactly have a following. :) So far, the reason I've continued to go strong on updating this is because I love that it documents my children's lives. It goes by so quickly and it's easy to forget so much of it. I often reminisce and go back through my blog. I can't explain the joy it brings me. I truly hope my children cherish it someday. I want to be more honest and myself so my children will be able to know me through this blog. I would have loved to have known what my mom was thinking as she was raising me. Don't worry mom, I'm absolutely not blaming you here. I'm fully aware you didn't have access to things like blogs.

So here I go! I hope this is the first posts of many like this! Yay blogworld! Oh, and I'm still going to add pictures. The only reason I'm not taking the time to add them right now is because I should be helping Daniel feed the girls dinner as we speak, I have both girls' laundry to do, I need to go to the grocery store right now and I still need to pack for tomorrow's trip to the lake. And this all needs to be done tonight. I still feel blessed though.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Angela. Absolutely love. And, at least you are staying up to date! Good grief, I've just now added Mallory's picture on mine and she's almost 4 months old! You are the one who got me to start a blog and it's become an absolute treasure.
    I have thought of starting a different blog where I can talk about anything and everything. Who knows? But I also have a work blog that I don't write in nearly enough. Sigh.
    I would love to get to know you even more through your blog. I think you have so much insight and so much to share.
    Thank you for this honest post. :)

    ReplyDelete