Sunday, July 1, 2012

Father's Day Weekend 2012!

For the third year in a row, we took Daniel to a Father's Day Blues Festival here in town.
We had a blast (especially Daniel) but it was extremely hot! 
I knew the temps were going to be well above 100 degrees so I pulled out all the stops to keep us cool. We borrowed my sister's pop up and I brought lots of water, ice, spray bottles, little fans and frozen watermelon. I had to keep icing Charlotte down and I let her suck on watermelon and ice in this little mesh teether we had. 
Look at her red cheeks!
We were at the event from 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Morgan stayed cool by playing in this sprinkler all day. We just kept applying the sunscreen and making sure she was drinking water. 
Morgan keeps talking about this sno-cone. 
Sisters!
This band was my favorite! Their music was really fun to dance to.
It looks like no one was there but it's just because the area in front of the stage was in the sun and it was just too hot to be in direct sun (unless you're a 3 year old). Everyone was sitting further back in whatever shade they could find.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE watching Morgan dancing around. She and Allyson would have so much fun together! Britt loves blues, too. Sounds like a fun Father's Day event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete