Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mother and Daughter Adventure!

Before heading home Sunday, I took Morgan to the Bay Area Discovery Museum. This whole experience was such a treat for both of us! Upon entering the first activity room she immediately got a huge smile on her face and started playing.
I don't normally get to watch Morgan interact with other children. Watching her that day made me very proud. Morgan was happy to play by herself yet she loved playing with other kids too. She'd be the first to comfort a child when they cried. I caught her a few times helping others. She even offered to share her goldfish crackers with the boy sitting next to her. I really was so proud of who she was. Watching her interact gave me some insight to her personality.
She kept pretending to sleep while laying on this soft cushion.
Loved the below activity! Wish they had this kind of stuff when I was little!
I was bummed because half of this place was outside but because it was raining we didn't get to enjoy it. We got to cross the Golden Gate Bride to get to the museum. The view of the bridge was great! That's okay though because I plan on going again so Daniel can experience everything with us!
I really contemplated making this trip for several reasons. I was worried the 3 to 4 hour trip there and back in just two days would be too much for Morgan. I was concerned that I would spend all this money and we'd end up having a horrible time. I was also nervous about navigating San Francisco with only Morgan, but I’m so glad I did. Revisiting that hospital was almost like closure for me and to do it with Morgan was priceless. The past two years have caused me to grow and become a happier and better person and I don’t regret any of it. I’d do it all over again if it meant being blessed with another amazing child like Morgan.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made the trip! The trip itself is so reflective of the journey that you, Daniel, and Morgan have been on for Morgan's 2 years and nine months of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making me cry! :) Love the picture of her pretending to be asleep. I think that's so funny. Britt says he misses San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete