Saturday, October 16, 2010

Girls Night Out!

It’s such a different and amazing experience to hang out with my mom as an adult. (Sometimes I think I’m just now viewing myself as a true adult, especially when it comes to my family.) Anyway, my mom LOVES country music so every year for her birthday, my sister and I take her to whatever country music concert is playing at the fair. The fair and her birthday fall around the same time so it works out perfectly!
I cherish this night. We always have a great time and I feel like I’m hanging out with two of my best friends. The fact that it’s my mom and sister is only a bonus.


Luckily this year, I remembered to buy the tickets within a couple of hours of them going on sale so I was able to get 4th row seats! We saw Montgomery Gentry.
I've never been this close before and it really was a whole new experience!
I think I enjoyed watching Mom as much as I enjoyed watching the band. Mom sat there with a smile on her face the whole time. Priceless!
Dusty had a little too much fun...
Okay, not really. We were just entertaining ourselves as we we waited for people to leave the stadium.

Nights like this remind me of how fortunate I am. I hope Morgan and I have a tradition like this someday…

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you dearly!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your mother/sister outing to the concert. What a wonderful time you all had together. I sure laughed at the picture of Auntie Dusty passed out. Maybe Morgan should NOT see that! Ha! On second thought, maybe Frank should NOT see it! I'm so glad you got good seats so you could really enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap. We didn't even send a card. I'm the worst daughter-in-law in the world. Uh, Happy Birthday Alice.
    That concert looks like so much fun! Britt loved the picture of Dusty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times...good times! I can't wait until Morgan gets old enough so all 4 of us can enjoy a concert together.

    ReplyDelete