Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Proud!

Whenever people talk about potty training I always say that Morgan won't be ready for quite awhile but she did something tonight that made me think otherwise. Tonight she walked right up to me, pointed to her diaper and said, "poo-poo". I didn't even know she knew how to say this word let alone what it meant. She kept pointing and repeating poo-poo so I took her and changed her diaper and sure enough she was right. She definitely needed a diaper change!

She's been tugging at her diaper occasionally when it's wet but she's never walked straight up to me, looked me in the eyes and actually told me that she needed her diaper changed.

I just can't get over how much her vocabulary is advancing every day. I was noticing tonight that now when she talks I recognize more words than not. She was even able to tell me that her knee and leg hurt. She fell in the kitchen earlier and I'm hoping she'll feel fine by morning.


We had a great evening together while Daddy was at work.


Tonight she did the usual stuff like...
playing hide and seek in the closet with Maggie and I.

and of course she thoroughly enjoyed tormenting Maggie with her snack.
She was able to reach my brush on the bathroom counter and then she brushed Maggie's hair (I'm thrilled about that one).

Because Daniel worked tonight he was home with her during the day. When I went to go put her to bed I found this. Silly Daddy! Please take note of the pacifier in the monkey's mouth. I'm going to have to ask him about the story behind this.

3 comments:

  1. Love the animals all tucked in. Morgan's daddy must be pretty great. ;)

    Way to go with the first steps of potty-training. Let me know how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson's been very interested in the toilet lately (beyond just swimming). She likes to sit on it although nothing ever happens. Today I saw "the look" and tried to get her to the toilet in time but she did NOT want to go. I think she was just too "busy" if you know what I mean.
    Pretty funny with the animals in the crib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'll bet they had a tea party too!

    ReplyDelete