Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Sunday has become the day that Morgan and I go to the grocery store. I’m not sure how it happened but it’s become a tradition that Morgan picks out a fruit or vegetable right when we first enter the store. The first time Morgan grabbed a vegetable, she was pretty little still and she grabbed an onion. It was hilarious because everyone in the store commented on how funny it looked for a baby to sit there holding onto an onion the entire shopping trip. The avocado is a favorite fruit/vegetable for her to hold but you should have seen the time I let her have a red bell pepper. She kept biting into it but didn’t do much damage because she didn’t have a ton of teeth at the time. I had at least 3 people warn me that she was eating a red pepper as if I didn’t know. I guess it was pretty upsetting to others that I was letting her “eat” the red bell pepper. One young man let me know that the bell pepper could be spicy. I personally didn’t see what the problem was.

I like our little ritual because it helps keep her occupied and her hands in the cart. Now that Morgan is older and has more teeth, I think it’s still cute that she likes to pick out her fruit or vegetable but by the time I get to the register I have to figure out how to pay for a half eaten piece of produce.



2 comments:

  1. This is great! So much better than the traditional cookie for kids in the store. Love Morgans food choice! She looks darling by the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Morgan's big eyes. She looks more like you, Angela, every day! That's so nice that she enjoys going grocery shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete