Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Picking Peaches



I know this isn't the greatest picture but I just had to share. The other evening while Daniel was mowing the lawn and Morgan was playing outside, I decided to thin our peach tree. Last year the main limb broke because it was so overloaded with peaches. After just beginning the task, Morgan ran over and said, "What you doing Mommy?" I replied with, "picking peaches." Morgan said, "Ohhhhhh!" with bright eyes. She was intrigued and started helping me pick peaches. Of course she started to strip all the lower limbs but I couldn't tell her no because she was so cute doing it. She was even making up songs about picking peaches. She was so excited and I hadn't anticipated the level of interest and excitement this activity would create for her. I loved it! To distract her from clearing out all the peaches, I told her to go get her sand bucket so we could put the peaches in it. She enthusiastically said, "Okay Mommy, I go get the bucket and help!" Love, love, love discovering how much more Morgan can comprehend and do as she gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment